Over the festive period there's no better excuse to get together with some of your besties for a themed dinner party! There's so many themes out there you could go with - Christmas, Geisha, American or my personal favourite MEXICANA!!!!
I ordered some props from Flingers Party Shop to really set the scene. They arrived so quickly, were well packaged and were perfect for the night!
For the food I planned a banquet fit for a matador!!! Chicken Enchilada's, Beef Tacos, Chips & Dip, Potato Wedges and my favourite, Avocado Salad! All yummy and packed with fresh vegetables so you don't have to feel quite so guilty.
For the Enchilada's I used the Asda Kit, it's great value for money and really tasty (I prefer it over the Old El Paso kit!) I stuffed these with chicken, peppers and onions and top with cheese. For the Beef Tacos I browned the mince and added the seasoning (for me personally this didn't have enough flavour or spice so still going to keep searching for the perfect taco recipe!) I lined the shells with lettuce, spooned in mince and sprinkled a little bit of cheese.
The Avocado Salad is my absolute fave, so easy to make and it brings a POP of colour to the table. Serve it with a big side of Sour Cream and it'll go down a storm I promise!
INGREDIENTS (Serves 4)
2 Red Onions
1 Punnet of Cherry Tomatoes
1. Slice the Cherry Tomatoes in half
2. Cut the Avocado in to squares (keep it nice and chunky!)
3. Slice the Red Onion into cubes
4. Mix together in a big bowl and top with a squeeze of lime
For pudding I wanted something with a bit more of a kick... especially as it's coming up to the festive season! While in Jamaica I drunk a lot of Pina Colada's so I wanted to recreate this for the girls. I grabbed the ingredients, whizzed it all together and served. They were strong but disappeared quickly and there were a lot of giggles after!
INGREDIENTS (Serves 4)
Rum (White or Dark)
1. Pour Rum into blender (I used one shot per person)
2. Add the whole tin of Coconut Milk
3. I added around half of the Pineapple Juice (you can always add more to make it less strong)
4. Add loads of ice and blend!!
5. Pour into glasses and decorate with fresh Pineapple on the rim
6. Wait for the giggles to kick in!
What's your favourite Dinner Party to host?