Friday 12 July 2013

Juicy Lucy Burger Recipe



BBQ season is in full swing. In fact I've already had 2 this week.

Whenever the sun shows it's face in England you can immediately smell every BBQ on your street lighting up... I love that smell!

I made these JUICY LUCY BURGERS a few weeks ago (when we were still wrapped up in our scarfs) but they are SO perfect if you're planning on a BBQ this weekend and they will impress all of your guests.


INGREDIENTS (makes approx 4 burgers)
Bread Rolls
450g Mince
1 Onion (finely diced)
Lettuce
Tomato
Cheese of your choice (Mild Cheddar melts the best but you can use whatever you prefer)


Ingredients


Mix the mince & diced onion together. I find doing this by hand is the best way! Just make sure you wash those paws afterwards.

It's at this point you can add any other spices if you wanted to mix it up a little bit - salt, pepper, tobasco, chilli powder!


You now need to start making the patties - these need to be half of the size of the desired burger because you'll be putting 2 together. I take a small amount of mince, roll it in my hands and then push together to flatten.


You now need to push a dent in the middle of each burger half - make sure this doesn't go all the way through though. They need to stay whole but just have room for the cheese in the middle.


Take your slices of cheese and place this in one side of the burger.


You now need to place the second burger half on top of the one with cheese. Now pinch round all of the edge to make sure the cheese is well and truly locked in! I also put the burger in the palm of my hand and squish it together to make sure the it's all compact!


Place the burgers in a griddle/pan/on the bbq and let them sizzle away!


I cooked mine for around 10 minutes on each side until they are nice and brown.

It's now time to dish up!

I served mine with bread rolls filled with salad and then a side of fries but of course if this is at a BBQ I' sure your plate will be filled with delish salads, and meats!


Have you made homemade burgers before?

Stevie
xoxo

6 comments:

  1. I love making (or actually eating) home burgers! They're always so tasty! xx

    Justine | BRIGHTON DREAM

    ReplyDelete
  2. From man vs food!! They look so good!!

    Xxx

    http://blueeyesandblusher.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I am definitely going to try this. I love making burgers at home but have never thought of putting the cheese inside the actual burger!

    Hannah x
    http://b-l-a-b.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've always wanted to try these, they look so yummy! will have to make them soon

    from helen at thelovecatsinc | bloglovin'

    ps. check out my new givaway to win a goodie bag of drugstore favourites! click here

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look so tasty! And makes me want a burger right now hah :) Would love to try the recipe xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd love a burger now lol, minus the cheese but!

    Ellen // A little bit Unique // Facebook // Bloglovin



    xx

    ReplyDelete