Monday 5 August 2013

Current Favourite Hair Products


I have a confession to make.
I wash my hair once a week - twice a week at best.
I find washing, drying, and styling my hair such a chore - and after 2 hours of effort it just feels too soft, flat and clean! I love a dirty mane, not greasy (that's what dry shampoo was invented for) but something with a bit of body and grip, something that you can shove up, give it a pinch and a pull here and there and it holds it volume and looks fab!

When I do wash my hair I love to give it a full detox... and then start the process all over again! The below products are what I'm currently using and loving.



WASH

To start I use Lee Stafford Bleach Blondes Shampoo - this is a purple shampoo so keeps my blonde looking blonde and not brassy. I then apply Lee Stafford Treatment (for hair that never grows past a certain length) - this is a cream product that you apply all over, I use an egg sized portion and run from root to tip, I then leave this in for 5 minutes so it can really work its magic (cue shaving the legs, and exfoliation to pass the time...)

I then finish off with Lee Stafford Bleach Blondes Conditioner. I love using Lee Stafford products, they smell incredible and really make a difference to my hair. I tried not using the Treatment once and my hair felt a lot drier and knottier without it. I've been using the treatment for over a year now, I don't think I could 100% promise that you will see your hair miraculously grow 10 inches overnight but I do think it helps!



ENHANCE

I've never been able to just 'Wash & Go' - 1. My hair is far too frizzy 2. It goes too soft and flat. Once I've towel dried my hair I grab Lee Stafford Argan Oil (spotted the obsession for Lee Stafford?!) I apply 2 pumps from root to tip, and then 1 more pump just at the tips, I then comb this through to make sure it's evenly distributed.

Next I take John Frieda Sheer Blonde Lightening Spray - I tried the whole John Frieda Blonde Range and hated it, this was the only thing that does what it promises! To start I brush all my hair back and spray a few spritzes from root to tip, I then find my parting and spray again. Like the Argan Oil I comb this all through.

Finally I take Fat Hair '0' Calories Amplifying Mousse and apply a generous amount all over my hair - I have tried a lot of volumising mousses and this is a firm favourite, pretty reasonable too!!! To finish I blast my hair upside down with a hair dryer, this gives me as much volume as possible while making me look like a lion.


 


STYLE

I literally cannot step out of the house with my natural hair so now it's time to pick up the GHD's. I straighten my hair and then once finished apply a bit of Bumble & Bumble Texture Creme to give it a bit of a messy, I haven't just spent to 2 hours on my hair look Finally I spritz some TIGI You're Royal Highness Hairspray to set everything. If I was heading straight out I also use VO5 Give Me Texture to add a bit of va-va-voom!

So now that I've shared with you my long winded hair routine... I'd love to hear what your favourite hair products and tips are so I can have a go myself!

Stevie
xoxo

13 comments:

  1. I have the Argan Oil and it somehow doesn't work for me, I don't know why. I need to try this Bumble and Bumblee texture cream! xx

    Justine | BRIGHTON DREAM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post :) x

    ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to try the Fat Hair, my hair seems lack that extra volume I always want. I personally love the Lee Stafford Flat Iron Protection Shine Mist, it makes my hair look more luxurious than it does without! xx


    Trial and Error Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh the Fat Hair sounds greeeaaat! I love macadamia products - have you tried them? they smell incredible
    Emma x
    emandthem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got to admit I am pretty bad when it comes to using hair products. My hair is so naturally straight & limp that I've never found something to work for my hair, I would love to find something to give it some body! The bumble & bumble texture crème sounds pretty good.
    Maybe Its Megan Leigh xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need argan oil!! Great post ^_^ need some.

    from Brigitte at // BreezeyBee Blog | BlogLovin'

    dont forget to enter my RiRi Woo Giveaway Here
    xoXo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Randomly came across your blog & now I'm a new follower :D

    love this post! thanks for sharing your current favourite hair products. I think I'm gonna have to keep an eye out for the Argan oil :)

    xoxo, charlene

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some really nice products! Dying to try the Bumble & Bumble Texture Creme. Need a good purple shampoo and conditioner for the ends of my hair, might give these a go! xx

    Rachael | beautypea.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am completely with you with the whole wash 'n' go thing, everyone thinks I'm high maintenance but if I don't style my hair I look like Hagrid haha! The oil sounds really good though :) I'm also intrigued by the go blonder spray. It's a shame the rest of the range weren't that great but this sounds like a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been dying to try the BB Texture Creme! It looks like it would be perfect for my hair.

    www.crazylins.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am definitely going to give that Fat Hair mousse a go! Sounds fab :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. some great products girl!

    http://thisgirlloveschic.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete